Thursday 18 December 2014

Characterisation #2

Something that Stanislavski's Naturalism is renowned for is the meticulous process he required actors endure- intense research and analysis when preparing for a character role of Stanislavski's style.

When practicing my scene with Ryan and Beth I find that it is a constant process of analysing how I am trying to convey emotions rather than really feeling them and being committed to the character's personality. To overcome this we tried to repeat the scene over and over again so that I could become familiar with it first, then focus on the consumption of the acting rather than panicking about blocking, timing and lines.

I mentioned that after we all feel very comfortable with our lines we should be assured with each other that we all know them- that way any pauses or silences for affect of the character won't be interrupted by one another trying to help each other out with remembering them. I feel like this really requires trust in the people we work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment