Thursday 18 December 2014

Evaluation of Performance

My scene had a sense of reflection (one of the themes in the play) which lasted within every character, even when we were not speaking. This is something which if I could re-do the scene I would explore more and play with presence on stage before or after my dialogue is over, because I think when I look at everyday conversations an natural human behaviour, the 'stop-start/ enter-speak-exit' way that we sometimes approach scenes is not accurate at all. So I would just explore the style in more depth.

Specific things that didn't go to plan were minor blocking movements which Ryan and I tried to convey as natural as possible- one small struggle we faced was making our stance seem natural when making sure we were visible to the audience's direction. One other thing was that there seemed to be a little bit of confusion shown through eye contact between Beth and I at our table section of the scene which although didn't result in any mistakes, was a doubt that made us come out of character ever so slightly.

To overcome this next time I would perhaps arrange a signal with group members in case lines were forgotten- otherwise we should trust that we know the lines and we're just holding a pause for dramatic effect.

However, I thought the scene went very well and enjoyed the attention to detail naturalistic acting requires.  

1 comment:

  1. This article deals with behavior management. Specifically, the author makes a case for using rationales in any method of modifying a child's behavior. Through the use of rationales and constant reinforcement, the likelihood of eliminating problem behaviors is greatly enhanced.anger evaluation

    ReplyDelete