Thursday 18 December 2014

Thoughts After Reading

From what I have noticed about plays, novels and even films (since a lot of the time they're inspired by texts) they often signify a lot more than the dramas involved in that one family or setting or group of characters. Similarly, I feel Look Back in Anger stands for a lot, socially at the same time as just being a story about love, struggle and relationships.

I enjoy reading plays that are almost stripped of a glamorous exterior and this being one of the first 'kitchen sink dramas' in the history of British playwriting, I would imagine it somewhat forces the audience to consume themselves in the personal lives of the characters. The play's drama seems to come from the characters inwardly rather than outwardly- I feel the setting is very intimate with the house, the shop and it is about what happen to the characters internally in their relationships to each other rather than on a grand scale of society.


No comments:

Post a Comment