Thursday 18 December 2014

Props & Costume

I chose to use a bag in my scene which I start to pack in slight rage when Jimmy rejects my affection at one point in the scene. I feel this is convincing and a way in which a lot of people deal with things- through actions and or domestic tasks  when feeling discomfort. I also wanted to remain on stage for a short while after my last line (which suggests my exit) because I thought while Helena was remaining on stage it just reinforced the theme of presence that each character has in relation to one another- in some way or another when coupled together all have distresses caused by the third's presence. In Helena's case- she feels her love for Jimmy is disrupted by the love between him and Alison and vice versa.

For costume I decided to wear a casual shirt which reflected the comfort of Helena living in the household at the beginning of the scene, which also highlights the theme of contentment that all characters feel at one point or another throughout the play- in relationship to each other, in society and or in the household itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment